It is important to instill a sense of financial responsibility in your children. Teenagers are notorious for begging their parents for money whenever they want nifty new gadgets. The lackluster state of today’s economy is making it difficult for teenagers to find the jobs that were once so easy to come by. Fortunately, the Internet abounds with quick ways for teenagers to make money. A few of the best options are highlighted below.
- Website Design – Sign your teen up for website design classes. A little skill goes a really long way in this department. In no time flat, he can post ads online and design basic websites for paying customers. Out of the many quick ways for teenagers to make money, this one has some of the greatest earning potential.
- Online Auctions – Teens can scout around local garage sales for gently used items to sell on eBay. This is a great way for young people to learn about the concept of profitability. They can also offer to sell other people’s unwanted belongings for a commission.
- Etsy – Etsy is one of the best quick ways for teenagers to make money, especially if they are artistically inclined. This site offers an online marketplace where people can peddle their handmade wares. Whether your teen likes making funny t-shirts or knitting scarves, he is sure to make a little extra pocket change through such an endeavor.
- Social Media Marketing – Just about every teenager knows how to use Facebook, Twitter and other popular forms of social media. Those skills can be put to use to make a little money on the side. Those who are looking for quick ways for teenagers to make money should consider setting up side businesses that revolve around social media marketing. Proactive teenagers can post tweets and status updates for busy clients. They won’t make a fortune doing this, but they should make some walking-around money.
- Affiliate Marketing – Nothing holds a teen back from diving into the world of affiliate marketing. Start-up costs are minimal and training is usually available. This kind of work can result in a steady stream of passive income. In fact, it might even evolve into a full-fledged career!
Teens who are disheartened about not being able to find jobs locally can use the preceding strategies to make money without even leaving home. It’s good for them, and it’s great for their parents.